Contact Dumpsters.net for your dumpster rental needs in New York, New York. Thousands of customers just like you rent from us each and every month.
Whether you are a seasoned professional in the dumpster and waste removal business, or a homeowner trying to clear out the junk and clutter from your basement—we can help. Our expert sales team will get you exactly what you need, and if you don’t know what is best for you, don’t be overwhelmed—this is our expertise.
Call our pre-screened haulers for the best price on dumpster rentals near New York County today.
Placement Tips for Dumpster Rentals
Dumpsters are some of the most commonly rented construction items. Homeowners use them not only in the summer to clean out their garages and pool houses, but they are also necessary in commercial construction, such as at the building of malls and shopping centers.
If you are interested in ordering a dumpster, but feel that you do not fully understand how to prep in advance, here are some tips for you on where you can place your roll-off rental—
* Dumpsters should be placed on a hard surface, such as pavement, concrete, any asphalt or a driveway in residential cases. We highly recommend staying away from placing your container in your lawn, for this reason—the heavier the container gets as you fill it, the more it will sink into the grass and it will be harder to remove. Besides that, it will completely kill the grass that it will be resting on.
* You are going to need some extra space around your container, as the roll-off truck will have to back in to come deliver and pick-up the container. Besides this, remember, you are also going to have to throw debris into the container, so you will need some extra room for you to be able to throw it over the edges. You cannot place all of the junk in one concentrated area of the dumpster, as you will have to evenly distribute it for proper removal.
* One thing that customers should be extremely careful about is electrical and telephone wires hanging overhead. A large truck will have to enter your property and deliver it exactly into the position of your choosing. When the truck is dropping off the container, it tilts back and drops in onto the ground. When the truck tilts the dumpster, it lifts even higher, so beware of any overhanging wires or tree limbs that would complicate this process or make it impossible. Pick your location with these factors in mind.
* Lastly, you will need to contact your hauler directly to make sure that you have everything you need to know. While most have the same rules, it doesn’t hurt to call and make sure you understand the process for the most efficient delivery and pick-up process!
Dimensions of Dumpster Sizes
10-Yard Dumpster: 3 ft x 8 ft x 11 ft
20-Yard Dumpster: 4 ft x 8 ft x 15 ft
30-Yard Dumpster: 6 ft x8 ft x 22 ft
40-Yard Dumpster: 8 ft x 8 ft x 22 ft
*Again, these are the average sizes for these dumpsters. For exact numbers, contact your hauler to confirm.
Some Important Tips on How to Fill your Dumpster Rental Most Efficiently
Whether you are a professional in the waste management or construction field, or a homeowner confused and overwhelmed with your first major project—we have the answers for you.
Here, you can find tips on how to fill your dumpster in the most efficient way possible. If you follow these rules and steps, you will fill your container in the fastest and most complete way.
* When you first realize you need to rent a dumpster, you need to find out what type of debris, and how much of it you will need to dispose of. When you call your hauler, they will help you pick out what type and size roll-off you will need. You will also have to be prepared to pick a time rental for your dumpster rental. Perhaps you will need it for a day, a week, or a month—let them assist you in picking the proper rental period.
* When you are filling the dumpster, break things down into small pieces. You should place the largest pieces on the very bottom of the container, that way; the smaller pieces can fit and settle in around them and on top. If you have any boxes, you should flatten them and any cardboard to take up the least amount of room possible.
People often wonder how much waste they can store in their dumpster. For each size there is a tonnage allowance that cannot be exceeded. But this can be hard to determine if you are not used to dealing with construction. An example: if you are filling a dumpster with concrete, you can only fill it about halfway before it exceeds the weight limit. Make sure that you do not exceed the weight limit, as you will have to pay an overage, or you might even be instructed to remove some of the debris.
Most companies will tell you the weight tonnage for each sized dumpster up front. If they don’t, make sure you ask because this is important and can save you from having to pay extra. Usually, any small bit of weight over the limit will raise the fee. With some companies though, there is a flat rate for overages. So if you fear that this may happen to you—make sure you know what your chosen hauler’s limit and tonnage allowance is.
ENTER ZIP CODE OR CITY NAME BELOW (EX: PHILADELPHIA):
New York, New York Zip Codes: 10165 10170 10173 10103 10199 10119 10162 10006 10004 10282 10069 10018 10007 10005 10280 10044 10017 10037 10038 10001 10012 10039 10036 10075 10030 10013 10010 10022 10014 10065 10035 10026 10034 10040 10019 10021 10028 10011 10033 10016 10003 10031 10032 10024 10027 10128 10023 10009 10029 10002 10025